This Module is run by Local Touch and is affiliated with Touch North Harbour & Touch New Zealand – Bernie McCallion (Module manager), Andrea London (Module administrator), Sara Prendergast (draws & results). They will now only be dealing with 1 representative from schools so please direct ALL queries via School Sports Co-ordinator.
This team sport is available to both girls and boys.
Y1-2 Mairangi Bay Park, Tuesday Afternoon
Y3-6 Ashley Reserve, Monday Afternoon
$35 per child
Payments can be made online – visit our School Payments page for more information.
- School sports uniform to be worn (or other identical t-shirts) and rugby/soccer/touch boots recommended – with moulded sprigs. NO metal sprigs or bare feet are allowed.
- Yr 1&2 Mixed or Boys only
- Yr 3&4 Mixed, Boys only or Girls only
- Yr 5&6 Mixed, Boys only or Girls only
- Mixed teams must have a minimum of 3 girls on the field at any one time (and a minimum of 4 girls registered)
- Girls may play in the boys division, but no boys allowed in the girls only division.
- Finals will be held on the last Monday/Thursday, with prizegiving straight after
- Yr 1&2 competition will play on a half touch field
- 2 x 15 min halves (no half time break)
- Games times will be at 3.45, 4.15, 4.45, 5.15, 5.45, 6.15 and possibly 6.45 (if needed)
- Yr 1& 2 will generally play at the earlier times (times will be 3.45, 4.15, 4.45 and 5.15)
It is a 6 week competition, starting in Term 4, Week 4:
First round games begin: 2-3 November
Final round games: TBC
Draws and Results
- Draws and weekly results will be published on www.localtouch.co.nz
- Time requests/dates unavailable – please advise at registration time (they will do their best but no promises)
- The module will provide qualified referees where possible
- BUT, there is a shortage of qualified referees so it is possible some games cannot be covered
- PARENTS/STUDENTS INTERESTED in refereeing – can start with a beginners Touch Module Referee Course – $10. Go to www.touchnz.co.nz and scroll down to “click here to purchase the course” or contact Vicki McLellan on 444 2057
Courses available for new coaches – visit www.touchnorthharbour.co.nz
Usually held in November (date and venue tbc)
There will be junior trials for Under 9’s, Under 11’s (as well as 13’s, 15’s 17’s)
Any player from any affiliated module can attend these trials (including those from Local Touch Junior Modules)
Players must register for trials online at www.touchnorthharbour.co.nz (go to Rep Trials page)
All teams to supply their own first aid. Coaches/managers should be aware of any medical conditions
Treats for players will be provided at various times throughout the season
Team managers will be delivered their treats at their field during the game
Please take all rubbish home with you. Leaving a mess will jeopardize the future use of these grounds.
Touch North Harbour Code of Conduct – Click here