Date: 29 November 2019
Critical Need to know and action
- Start now: Start sorting stuff now into cardboard boxes ready for end of year and/or moving. Also target your nearest breakout space for the same treatment (viz..areas in R18-19 common area and breakout/offices, B rooms next to Rooms 1-2)
- 2020 ISL and Units review update: Thank you to all who expressed an interest in these leadership opportunities. There will be interviews for some positions. If you put your hand up and I don’t talk to you by Tuesday afternoon track me down! (BW)
- Relievers: Julia is away Monday Tuesday Wednesday next week. So reliever calls need to come to me. 0226239967 Please don’t get sick! (PS)
- Bereavement We were informed this morning of the death of Kelleigh Burkitt the mother of three past students, Holly and Paige, and Charli who is in Year 6. Kelleigh had been unwell for many years and a wonderful supporter of our school. Our thoughts are with the Burkett family at this sad time.(JS)
- Congratulations to Nikki and Nicolette who celebrate a milestone in their professional learning journey at the PRT Graduation ceremony this afternoon organised and hosted by the North Shore Principals Association Executive.(BW)
- ASL (Across School Leader) appointment: Congratulations Clare Curice who, from next year, will join the ASL team. (8 leaders who work on the workstream initiatives across our Kāhui Ako schools) This is a fixed position and 2 days per week (Ministry funded) which will allow Clare to continue her ESOL teaching commitment.
- Parent Help morning tea next Wednesday 4 December as a thank you for their support this year. Teachers please remember to bring a plate of sweet food.
- A message from Andrew Blakey (ex Board chair) who popped in one weekend having not visited the school for a year or two.. “The reason for writing was to commend you on how amazing the place looked. Clearly lots of fresh painting has taken place. The new shade sails are excellent. The amphitheatre is amazing. The garden outside the hall is brilliant. The new soft AstroTurf under the junior playground is a big improvement. Also liked the tidying up of the bush area behind what was room 17 and the new mud kitchen area. All and all a real credit to you and the team.” And that was before the Kiwi quotes were up! Thanks to everyone who contributed whakatauki and quotes. There was not room for them all. (BW)