Date: 15 November 2019
Critical Need to know and action
- Teachers: Leadership Opportunities for 2020 ISL and units process. Ideas for units to BW by 20 Nov.
- Strategic Focus for 2020 (and beyond) Draft (as agreed by All Leaders team)
- Address the growing behaviour management challenge by developing clarity about expectations based on our values and learning related to our vision (the implementation of PB4L)
- Use smart technology to support teachers to more effectively manage planning, assessment and reporting through the implementation of Linc-Ed/Hero
- Te Tiriti o Waitangi: From Rakau v Ngakau Embedding our commitment to biculturalism in our practices
As well as Digital Curriculum and starting to strengthen local curriculum. (including NZ history)
- January teacher only days confirmed for Thursday 30 (Admin/Linc-Ed and Digital Curriculum and Friday 31 Meet the Teacher Interviews. Just FYI, we are also exploring a fun great race idea probably for the Wednesday afternoon. (29 Jan) TBC
- Kāhui Ako Professional Learning: Maori Cultural Reciprocity – Full day holiday course 23 April. We have three spaces for teachers at our school. Please email me if you would like to participate.
- Area of Service Survey: Last chance: So far 13 teaching staff and 1 non teaching staff member.. If you haven’t yet done this … Here it is again. (BW)
- Remember $10 Secret Santa gifts wrapped to Anna (BW)
- Hall – for environmental purpose as well as saving electricity, please remember (or assign this to one of your students) to turn off the lights after activity. (HF)
- Please find attached a link to the academic journal from the AUT education faculty which includes research relevant to those in education. https://ojs.aut.ac.nz/teachers-work/index.php/teacherswork (CC)
Ka nui te mihi kia koutou Changing hearts and minds
Check the week ahead. Upcoming events on MaiPage (Staff Ready Ref Page) It links to the school calendar.
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….