Critical Need to know and action
- We have donned out empathy hat and made some changes to the teacher meeting schedule for the next few weeks.
- Week 5 – no meeting
- Week 6 – digital curriculum meeting (Monday not Tuesday)
- Week 7 – curriculum and assessment meeting – team only
- Week 8 – Term 4 Unit Evaluation Celebrations
- Week 9 – planning for Term 1 Unit Inquiry (PS)
- Duty Teachers: the junior shade area is place for sitting. Under no circumstances should children be playing games and running or jumping. That invites injury. Please monitor this when on duty…as well as Y3-6 children eating lunch only in the designated shade are (the amphitheatre) NOT up on the decks. Thank for being provocative when on duty, this is valued and important. (BW)
- Alarm setting – In Oct the school is charged for security call-out every week due to alarm activation. If you are at school outside the usual school hours, please make sure that you sign in/out on the log sheet and set the alarm panel accordingly. If you are not sure what to do, please ask Paul or visit one of us in the office. (HF)
- Area of Service Survey: this was sent to staff and community on Tuesday. Thanks to all of you who have already provided feedback. If you haven’t yet done this you know what to do. Here it is again. (BW)
- High performing Team Surveys : we are waiting on one or two teachers to complete your team survey. Please do this now if that’s you. All Leaders. Seniors. Middles. Juniors (BW)
- Parent helpers morning tea is on Wednesday 4 December, in order to get the invites out I need to know who has helped out in your classroom during the year. This can be anything from helping on camp, trips, classroom help, putting books away etc.I am sending a class list in your notice folders this afternoon, if you could write the name of the person who has helped, whether it be a parent or grandparent and return the completed list to me asap it would help immensely. (JW)
- Liaison Officer. After a long process of consultation and interviews Sarah Nicholls has been appointed to our new office role. This new role encompasses working with students, teachers and parents to improve communications and especially support for new immigrants. She comes with the necessary experience and has some great ideas on how we can improve in this area. It also includes sports management.
- Caught in the Act cards are back until the end of term. Duty teachers please make use of this positive reinforcement opportunity.
Poipoia te kakano kia puawai Nurture the seed and it will blossom
Check the week ahead. Upcoming events on MaiPage (Staff Ready Ref Page) It links to the school calendar.
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….