Critical Need to know and action
- Teachers: Explain to any parent that you cannot listen to their thoughts about class placement. We cannot capture conversations. THIS IS IMPORTANT They must put it in writing and hand it to the office so we deal with this information only once…as per newsletter notice. (BW)
- We have ERO on site in Term 1 or 2. The focus, as always, is on student achievement particularly the work we do with targeted students to accelerate their learning. (BW)
- Duty: Let’s stick with winter duty. So start at 12.45 and do duty swap at 1.05pm. It’s a bit frigid to be sitting outside eating lunch currently. Once it gets warmer and dryer – we can switch to summer mode.(PS)
- Seniors and Middles – PAT Maths testing in Week 2. Peter will provide a timetable for this – watch for emails.(PS)
- The first week has been largely without sun so it’s been a slower than normal uptake for some to be wearing hats. Our sun protection policy is clear. Children must wear hats when outside this term for play times and lessons. No Hat no Play. Staff members are asked to set a good example. Julia will give you a hat if you haven’t got one! (BW)
- Christine Wightman has made the big decision. She will retire at the end of the year. An assembly on Wednesday 18 December and afternoon tea will be our opportunity to thank Christine for her excellent service to our community over the last 23 years. We hope to have her return next year in a part-time capacity. (BW)
- Diana Benli has had her baby girl a sister for her two brothers. Mother and baby will visit. (BW)
- Zach Paul (USA volunteer teacher) starts with Jan in Room 6 on Monday for 8 weeks.. (BW)
- We have two policies that we invite you to review. Sun Protection and Education Outside the Classroom (EOTC). It is simple. Instructions:
- Go to www.schooldocs.co.nz
- Click Search for your school.
- Start typing our school’s name and then select it from the dropdown list.
- Enter the community username /password. Viz.. mairangibay/Galaxy
- Click on Current Review and follow Instructions for Reviewers.
- Keeping Ourselves Safe: 20 parents attended the parent information meeting with Tania Wansink on Wednesday night. You can contact her if you would like support with any of the lessons. email@example.com . Teaching packs are in the staffroom, Tania is bringing extras. (JS)
- Google has recently started a training program for their education users. It’s free. The content is fairly basic but it is built to cater for users who are just getting started using G Suite for Education. First 15 min lesson starts on October 22nd. Basically, each staff member would sign up with the link provided: (PS) https://teachercenter.withgoogle.com/gettingstarted/partners#NewEraIT
Poipoia te kakano kia puawai Nurture the seed and it will blossom
Check the week ahead. Upcoming events on MaiPage (Staff Ready Ref Page) It links to the school calendar.
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….