Critical Need to know and action
- The teaching council has indicated that there are new requirements for teacher appraisal. The annual appraisal summary is staying. Other things we may keep, modify or discard. We will need time to critique what we do currently and make any changes we want to. In the meantime continue with what we are doing. (BW)
- Hall AV: A new improved system is now what can only be described as ‘operational’. There is a now a dedicated hall laptop which you can log in to like your own laptop.It has been re-imaged (which means it runs faster) and is there for you to use anytime you want to project youtube or music from the internet / jumpjam etc. Just log in like you laptop and you are off and running. Youtube loads really quickly (not 20 minutes like yesterday eh Janine?!) I still think the cd player isn’t working. So everything goes through the laptop.(PS)
- Your Board (see them here) is looking for ways to support us and to be more visible. Next Tuesday before school some members will be walking the grounds with Paul and me, catching up with property issues. Young Sun (father of Aston and Eric) has been appointed to the Board. (BW)
- Year 6 Leaving Ceremony is Tuesday 17 December at 6pm. All staff and board invited. There will be a fun time for Year 6 children after the ceremony and time for the adults to have a chat over a cuppa. (BW)
- Primary principals have voted to accept the latest offer. It is not as good as the teachers one but at least we have the industrial unrest behind us (BW)
- Teachers Advertisements have been placed for the 2020 vacancies. Deadline 16 September (BW)
- The Photo Collection Drive Adam has shared for photos from your class: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1EiOIK3tF4iybcnyuYvEzwJSKWevN441_
- OZA Marimba Festival Saturday 31 August: 11.50am Barfoot and Thompson Stadium ( Formerly the ASB Stadium) in Kohimarama (in the grounds of Selwyn College). We can reserve a few VIP seats so that the kids can see staff supporting them. Senior Leaders usually go. BW is in Nelson, PS & JS have family commitments so if you would like to be the school reps let me know by Tuesday 9am. It’s a great show and lots of our kids are in it. (BW)
- Staff drinks and Quizz – Week 7 Friday 6 September at 3.30. Thanks Claire WB and Julia for organising this event. (JS)
He aroha whakatō, he aroha ka puta mai.
If kindness is sown, then kindness is what you shall receive.
Check the week ahead. Upcoming events on MaiPage (Staff Ready Ref Page) It links to the school calendar.
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….