Critical Need to know and action
- Full school assemblies each fortnight will now unpack a part of the vision or a school value which teachers are asked to work on with children for the fortnight. We start today with Kia hikaka/be motivated. (BW)
- The children’s ideas have been included in the artist’s rework of the vision and values graphics which will be available soon and on the website. Teachers may choose to align Merit certificates with the focus vision/value. (BW)
- Garden to Table: If your class is scheduled you need to be with them for the session to help with management. This is your responsibility. It is not an opportunity for release time. If you are away sick please make sure this is clear in your planning so the reliever knows that the class teacher is in charge. Siobhan volunteers each Thursday morning to help the teacher aide specialists Lisa (Garden) and Anna (Kitchen). (BW)
- ESOL classes take priority for children over other activities. (JS)
- If you are a fixed term full time classroom teacher wanting to be permanent talk to me soon. (BW)
- Please return the cups to the staffroom. Hot coffee in cupped hands is never the desired option.
- The MoE first tranche of Learning Support Coordinator staffing did not trouble the Mid Bays Kāhui Ako. We missed out as did so many schools. (BW)
- We are working to get the windows on the north side of Rooms 1-4 and 5-8 replaced these holidays.Ranch sliders installed. Slow progress but it is moving. (BW)
- We expect to have an extra class next year to accommodate the number of Year 2s moving to Year 3. Jobs for 2020 will be advertised soon. (BW)
- Looking ahead: New Zealand Chinese Language Week runs from 22-28 September 2019.
- All the new Readers/Journals we’ve received from the Ministry of Education are in the staff room for you to view. These have now been processed and are available in the Resource Room. (LH)
Check the week ahead. Upcoming events on MaiPage (Staff Ready Ref Page) It links to the school calendar.
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….