Critical Need to know and action
Policy: Current reviews for Staff and Board: Performance Management and Health and Safety. Provide feedback at school docs (www.schooldocs.co.nz. Search for our school. UN/PW mairangibay/galaxy Current Review Click on red shield “Under Review” to provide feedback. (BW)
Reminder about children in classes during playtimes: children should be outside if it is not raining. For children that are permitted to be in the class teachers will need to put names, the total and their signature on the board. Duty teachers please send children whose names are not on the board outside to play. (JS)
Peter is on leave, back next Wed (BW)
NZEI members lump sum payments of $1,500 (pro-rated for part time teachers and relievers) will be made to eligible union members in Pay Period 9 (payday 31 July).(BW)
The adjustment of new pay rates and back pay for eligible union members, effective from 1 July 2019, will be made in pay period 12 (payday 11 September). (BW)
- PTA Bingo night Saturday 10 August. Teachers please encourage your class parents to make up a table. How many staff tables can we sort? (BW)
- The NZEI is planning a National Support Day for Principals Friday 9 August. Principals seek parity with secondary (like for like) as well as restored relativity (after the teachers increases) to encourage teachers to apply for principal positions. Basically..what the teachers got. The union would like everyone to wear something green on 9 August and send in photos. (BW)
- Teaching strategies that work: writing A few weeks ago, ERO released Keeping Children Engaged and Achieving in Writing, the sixth in its Teaching Strategies that Work series. It contains case studies of schools which have lifted or maintained achievement in writing through those challenging upper years. Read more (BW)
- Last call ~ “Homestay host wanted: Jach Paul, a young teacher from Indiana Uni. From 21 Oct for 8 weeks. Full board paid. Teaching with Jan W. Let me know ASAP. If there is no staff member, I will advertise this to the parent community. (BW)
- Cook Island Maori Language Week – Week 3. Watch the daysheet each day for greetings and phrases to introduce to your class. Tokerau Joseph (a grandparent) will come to a morning tea to help with pronunciation. The Cook Island flag will be raised each day with the NZ flag and there will be Cook Island performance at assembly on Friday 9 Aug.(JS)
- Support Staff invited to meet with the NZEI rep at 12.00 on Wednesday 31 July in the staff room. (JS)
- First Aid Refresher Course – Week 3 staff meeting 6 Aug. This is a 2 hour meeting and will finish around 5.15pm.(JS)
- Te Reo classes – recommence next Monday 29 July with our new kaiako Matua Manunui Davis. (JS)
Check the week ahead. Upcoming events on MaiPage (Staff Ready Ref Page) It links to school calendar.
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….