Critical Need to know and action
- The Board appointment team has interviewed shortlisted applicants and completed referee checks. Peter Stoner has won the permanent DP position. Congratulations Peter. (BW)
- Denise Carter (TA par excellence) leaves us after years of superb service. We thank her and wish her well for her return to live in Ireland. (BW).
- A farewell morning tea and assembly for Denise will be on 8 May (JS)
- Fiona Wan has been employed to take over from Denise. She will begin next Wednesday 8 May (JS)
- As advised last term, Hungerball is here on Thursday. We plan to roster classes so kids get a turn. Just for fun. Take a look: http://www.hungerball.com/ . Skids is providing this with two people to run it. Timetable here. (BW)
- New red lines on the concrete show children where they are not to go ie around the front of the admin where there are moving vehicles. This will be covered at assembly and reminders in the daysheet.
- Our sports manager Ryan is moving to a new office (the old boiler room) which makes his old office available for teacher release and or small groups teaching.(BW)
- We now have an online staff bookclub. Accessible through MaiPage (MaiComs section) Let us know what you are enjoying reading. (BW)
- Minister Hipkins has announced $95m for recruiting more teachers. Here is the press release: https://www.beehive.govt.nz/release/thousands-more-teachers-schools (BW)
- An Across School Leader position is vacant. See me if you are interested. (BW)
- Union members will be attending PUMs on Tuesday 7May and Friday 10 May. (JS)
- Hone Heke Rankin from Rangitoto College will be tutoring s ix students (their teachers have been informed) at 1.30 next Tuesday 7 May in preparation for the Kahui Ako Performance on 7 June. (JS)
Just ask Bruce, Jeanette or Peter if you want to know more about any of this….